Wood Pulp Eco Sponge
Please select all options.
Loofah has been used by different cultures for centuries before plastic was mass-produced. It replaces traditional plastic sponges in dishwashing and general household cleaning.
Why are eco sponges better than plastic ones?
- According to several research institutes, a kitchen sponge is exposed to hundreds of different types of bacteria and experts recommend changing them once a week, which is problematic because plastic kitchen sponges and scouring pads aren't easy to break down; it takes thousands of years to do so.
- Traditional sponges shed tiny fibers, a type of microplastic, which can't be filtered out by water treatment plants. They make their way into our water cycle, which can end up in our rivers, oceans and drinking water.
- Its versatility is great for washing and scrubbing all sorts of surfaces, even outside the kitchen.
- The softer side is suitable for cleaning low maintenance items such as utensils, bowls, plates, walls, windows
- Its abrasive side is suitable for scrubbing stubborn dirt and cleaning sinks or baths.
- Durable: tough for stubborn dirt and safe to use on non-stick cookware, copper and stainless steel, glassware and much more.
- Non-scratch: being non-scratch, they won't leave any scratches or marks on your dishes, pans, kitchen counters, windows etc.
- 100% compostable and biodegradable
- Quick-drying: no bad smell
Cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard.
Loofah can also be used like coconut fiber in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins
- Dry completely between uses
- Boil in water to kill bacteria.
- Avoid soaking in water
- Place away from high heat or flames